Fathom Energy & Environmental Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR)
This policy covers:
- Data to authorise us to act as a Broker between you and third-party energy supply companies including NIE Network (NIEN) and ESB Network (ESBN)
- Data that we collect from you directly in order to provide you with a quote or prepare an Energy Supplier contract for you
- Data that is provided to us by a third party, such as your existing supplier, NIEN/ESBN, or other Energy Broker
- Data that we collect from you from our website
For the purpose of Data Protection regulations, the data controller is Fathom Energy & Environmental Ltd, a company registered in Northern Ireland under company number NI610158 whose office address is Inspire Business Park, Carrowreagh Road, Dundonald, Belfast, BT16 1QT.
Information we collect from you, and how we collect it
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Entering into an Agreement and Providing Best Price Quotations
Information provided to us by you which appoints us as your Energy Broker and gives us your authority to access your site-specific energy demand and profile characteristics.
This information will include the business name, business address, (site address, billing address, one of which may be your home address), phone numbers, e-mail address/s, MPRN/SMP and details of your electricity/gas consumption.
Contact details of individuals which you provide at the time of entering into an agreement with us relevant to the purposes of the service we provide.
Records of any correspondence we have with you. We may also monitor and record any communications we have with you including phone conversations and e-mails, to help us to maintain high-quality service and meet or regulatory and legal duties.
Information about your energy supply, as consumption data, MPRNs/SMPs, meter reads and information about your meter, which we receive from you, and other market participants such as NIEN/ESBN including billing information from current/previous energy suppliers.
Using the website
Entering into a Contract with an Energy Supplier
We will collect and process the following data about you for the purposes of preparing an Electricity Supply Contract with your chosen Energy Supplier including banking information using the Energy Supply Companies Direct Debit Mandate
The Energy Supply Company Contract information will include some or all the following:
the business name, registered office, company registration number/charity number, site address, billing address, MPRNs/SPNs, Tariff type, the handwritten signature of the person you have nominated as responsible for entering into the contract, their position in the firm and date of signature.
Direct Debit information will be collected including, the business name, account name, Bank name and address, account number, sort code, in some cases IBAN number, MPRNs/SMPs the authorising signature and date of signature.
How do we use the information we have collected?
Information we have collected from you/about you are held in the following ways:
- To enable us to obtain accurate information regarding your energy consumption from NIEN/ESBN and your existing energy provider
- To approach Energy Suppliers on your behalf with regards to current energy rates offered
- To provide you with a range of supplier quotes for the supply of electricity, gas or both based on your energy consumption information to enable you to select the best option and price for your needs
- To seek renewable energy and low carbon products that may benefit your business
- To enable us to prepare third- party Energy Supplier Contract/s and Direct Debit form/s which, when authorized by you/your nominated representative, will be forwarded to the agreed Energy Supplier for processing. This information may also be shared by the Energy Supplier with NIEN/ESBN to enable the registration of the MPRNs with the nominated Energy Supplier
- To respond to your requests and queries
- To process payments from you or to process payments to you
Improving the quality of our services & effectiveness
- To train staff and associates
- To request your participation in initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our services and access to relevant products.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To enable us to improve the content of our website in the most effective manner
- To seek out energy providers and products that may improve your energy efficiency programme
To provide prospective and existing customers with information regarding our products and services that may be of interest. Please note that following our initial contact we may contact you from time to time in relation to your initial enquiry, even if you decide not to enter into a contract.
- You can ask us not to contact you at any time by contacting [email protected]
Internal Business Purposes
For internal business purposes and processes such as website and system administration and Internal audits and reviews.
For the purposes of carrying out data analysis to predict future trends in the energy consumption of customers and trends in energy market price movements.
Comply with legal and regulatory obligations
To enable us to record and provide information in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
On what basis are we entitled to process your data?
We process your data in order to take the necessary steps to perform our contract with you and to enable your chosen Energy Supplier to set up their contract with you.
Information you provide may also be processed for the following purposes:
- internal business processes, to market our products and services, to carry out data analysis and meet regulatory requirements
- You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data
- To enable us to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes, liaise with Energy Suppliers and to enforce contractual agreements
How long will we keep your data for?
Where we are required to retain information to meet applicable laws, we will comply with those retention periods. Most of the information you supply to us will be retained whilst your agreement with us is active as well as for a period afterwards to cover any queries that may have arisen. Contact details will also remain on our records so that we can inform you of changes in the market that may benefit your business even after your agreement period has expired.
If you are not an active customer, and you do not wish to hear from us, you can contact us at [email protected] and we will delete your information from our records.
Who do we disclose your information to?
An integral part of our service requires us to share details of site-specific energy demand and profile characteristics. We will only provide such data to utility regulator licenced Suppliers of energy (electricity and natural gas)
We disclose information to service providers who provide services on our behalf and energy suppliers who supply energy products on your behalf
We use the following types of third-party providers:
- Providers of energy and low carbon products
- Providers of energy Data (NIEN/ESBN)
- Providers of Database, sales administration and market interaction software
- Providers of e-mail communication tools and website platforms
- Third-party associates providing database, financial and sales services on our behalf
- Providers of banking services
- Third-party auditors and accountants where necessary to meet our legal and regulatory obligations
Other third-parties: Special Circumstances
- If we sell the business, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer
- Where you have specifically requested or authorised us to disclose information to a third-party
- If Fathom Energy & Environmental Ltd or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in such a case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Should we be under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to enforce or apply terms and conditions for the agreement or to protect the rights, property or safety of Fathom Energy & Environmental Ltd, staff, customers or others.